Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3 Month Day!

Yesterday was Clyde's 3 month day! I only got him two weeks ago and he's already getting so big. It's not fair! He went to the vet on Friday for his 12 week shots, and he weighed in at 24.5 lbs. I wish I recorded Spike's weight at 12 weeks so I could compare, but I didn't.

He is doing really well. He knows what "sit" means, and he'll do it about 70% of the time (as long as the distractions are at a minimum) He has also mastered waiting for his food. It took him a little longer to get it than it took Spike. By the third meal at home, Spike had it down pat. It took Clyde about a week and a half. But regardless, he gets it now, and is amazing at it. :)
He is also great at "puppy handling". He doesn't ever put up a fuss, he just enjoys the pets and loves. Spike was really stubborn about puppy handling until he was about 4 1/2 months.

Clyde is a little stubborn about his crate, though. He'll bark and bark and bark, and it drives me crazy! But I have found a bedtime routine that prevents his barking. All I have to do is run him up and down the street a couple times, run him up and down the stairs a few million times, then play tug for 10ish minutes. By then, he is too tired to fuss in his crate. It amazes me how much energy this puppy has. When Spike was this age, he couldn't even walk up the street without passing out, and half the time, I ended up carrying him on the way back home. (And by up the street, I mean only like 6 houses up)
He is such a weirdo. He almost never completely lays on his bed when on tie down. He almost always has his head off the bed.
Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:


Here are some photos of him being a cutie on his 3 months day:










I am really enjoying having him, and I'm excited for our year together. :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved the description of your bedtime routine. After getting Clyde worn out for bed, are you about worn out too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I usually fall asleep pretty quick afterward. :)

    ReplyDelete