Friday, September 10, 2010

Clyde is legal!

Clyde got his 3rd set of shots this morning, and is now officially legal!

He did great in the vet's office. The vet tech commented on how calm he was, which made me happy. He wasn't a big fan of the thermometer in his rear end, but didn't put up a fuss. And he didn't even notice the shots.Here he is in the vet's office, waiting for the vet to bring his shots.


And here he is sitting on the table. At first, he didn't know what to do and was sliding all over the place. I had to hold him there for a few seconds for him to finally realize that if he sat still, he wouldn't slide off. As you can see in this picture, he is still unsure of what to think.

After he got his shots, we went to Macey's grocery store to get some ice cream. I remembered that Macey's was one of Spike's first outings, and he did really well.
Clyde was AMAZING in Macey's. Sure, he was distracted by the smells of the store and what not, but that is to be expected. He sat patiently while we stood in line, waiting to get some ice cream at the deli. And when I got my ice cream, we sat down at one of the tables, and he settled right down and laid on the floor. It's like he already knows what to do! (Or he was just really tired, which is a possibility)

I tried to take a picture of Clyde similar to one that I took of Spike at Macey's.

Here is Spike at Macey's Yes, he is freaking adorable.


And here is Clyde, who is also freaking adorable. Although.. I like Spike's picture better. It's a pain to get any decent pictures of Clyde. My camera doesn't want to auto-focus on him (especially indoors), and I'm guessing it's because he's a black dog. I would manual-focus, but the peek hole on my camera has a bunch of dust or something in it, so it's hard to tell if it's in focus or not, and there is no view on the digital screen. Does anyone else seem to have issues photoing black dogs?

And here is another picture of him laying down while I ate my ice cream. :)
He is in a medium vest. The small was too small for him!


After Macey's, we went to Walmart, where he was also good. I unfortunately forgot to take the camera with me.
He actually started squatting in Walmart, and was about to go #2. But I freaked out, and probably scared him a bit and he stopped. He was able to hold it in long enough for us to run outside for him to do his business. I didn't even have to carry him out. He was able to hold it on his own. :) Spike wasn't able to hold it in at this age. If it started coming out, there was no stopping it. haha sorry for that visual.

We went home after Walmart to take a little break. Clyde took a nap and I got myself lunch. After a few hours, I decided to let Clyde explore the backyard a bit, and he really seemed to enjoy it. He spent about the first 25 minutes sniffing everything, and the last 15 minutes or so running around.

Here are a few photos of him in the backyard. :)
Here he is with my dogs, Jake (Boxer) and Shelby (Aussie).







Here he is, all tired after the romp in the yard.

After another 3ish hour break, I took him to Heritage park by my house.





These last two pictures were also supposed to be similar to ones I took of Spike at this same park.
Clyde:
Spike:



Clyde:

Spike:



I'd say it's been a pretty successful day. He's been a really good boy, and I can't wait to take him to even more places. :)

1 comment: